Now in its 32nd year, the State and Territory Landcare Awards stand as a prestigious biennial national Landcare Awards program.
The objective is to honour individuals, groups and organisations that are making outstanding contributions to caring for the environment in their local communities for the benefit of all Australians today, and for generations to come.
There are five Victorian Award categories:
- Joan Kirner Landcare Award
- Landcare and Environmental Volunteer Network Award
- Dr. Sidney Plowman Travel and Study Award
- Heather Mitchell Memorial Fellowship
- Landcare and Environmental Volunteer Group Award
There are also nine National Landcare Award categories. The winners of these awards will advance as finalists to the 2024 National Landcare Awards:
Australian Government Climate Innovation Award
- Australian Government Sustainable Agriculture Landcare Award
- Australian Government Individual Landcarer Award
- Australian Government Community Partnerships Landcare Award
- Coastcare Award
- First Nations Landcare Collaboration Award
- Women in Landcare Award
- Junior Landcare Award
- NextGen Landcare Award
Nominating is free. You can nominate yourself, or you can nominate someone you know who should be recognised for their work to restore, enhance and protect the natural environment in their community.
Nominating is easy. If you know an individual, group or organisation in your community making a difference to the environment and sustainable land or water use, nominate them for a Landcare Award.
For more information on the awards, or to nominate, please visit the Awards Platform.